Wildcats vs. Hilltops Game Summary

The Saskatoon Hilltops and Edmonton Wildcats met up for the first and only time this season this afternoon at Clarke Stadium. The Hilltops walked away with a 41-17 victory.

Des Vessey started the game off with a 3-yard touchdown for the Hilltops, giving them a 7-0 lead with 10:41 left in the first quarter. The Hilltops scored another touchdown with 3:36 left in the first when Ryan Turple received a 9 yard pass, giving them a 14-0 lead. The Hilltops increased their lead by another 7 at the beginning of the second quarter with an Evan Kopchynski 12 yard catch. The Wildcats saw some points on the board with a Jordon Olson pass, received by Landyn Vick, reducing the Hilltop lead to 21-7. The Hilltops reciprocated with a Logan Fischer 6 yard touchdown with 4:47 left in the first half. They followed up with a field goal with 2:18 left. Quarterback Jordan Olson pushed through a 1 yard touchdown with 0:39 left, followed immediately by a 37 yard Ryan Smith field goal, ending the first half with a score of 31-17 for the Hilltops.

The second half started out with a second Evan Kopchynski touchdown towards the end of the third quarter, making the score at the end of Q3 38-17. The only movement the fourth quarter saw on the scoreboard was a 24-yard Brett Thorarinsson field goal, bringing the final score to 41-17 for the away team.

The Wildcats total offense saw 325 yards, 62 on the ground and 278 in the air. Pass rushing was lead by Armand Katamba with 4 carries for a total of 30 yards. Pass receiving was lead by Ryan Smith with 9 catches for 92 yards, followed closely by Tristan Schultenkamper with 6 catches for 91 yards.

Wildcats defense was lead by Defensive Back James Ens who had 9 tackles and 1 fumble return for a total of 20 points. He was followed by Linebackers Kieran Thomas and Cameron Maschmeyer who each had 5 tackles, for a total of 10 points each. The total defensive points were 106.

The last game of the regular season for the Wildcats is Sunday, October 11 at 12pm against the Winnipeg Rifles at Clarke Stadium.